Orientation Ambassador Application
Please read the following information required for the Orientation Ambassador application.
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!
Late applications will not be accepted.
It is recommended to write your application responses in a word document first, then copy and paste into the text fields before submitting. This assures your responses will be secure and available to you after you've submitted your application.
- A minimum GPR of 2.5 is required (prior semester and cumulative) and verified through Student Records
- Attend Clemson University as a full time student in the subsequent fall and spring semester
- Be currently free of any academic or disciplinary probation as set by Student Code of Conduct and the Academic Integrity policy (verified through the Office of Community and Ethical Standards)
- Must enroll and participate in EDC 3900-Leadership Course
- Must be available for ALL training, including participation in a conference, programs, and activities (see below)
- Assist in and encourage students and guests to participate in all orientation activities
- Acquaint new students and guests with the campus environment and resources
- Facilitate small group discussions on various topics at orientation
- Represent Clemson University to students, guests and surrounding community
- Assist with students' course registration and academic advising sessions
- Assist with orientation check-in and session preparations
- Assist with and be present at the January Orientation, prior to the start of the Spring semester
- Assist with other programs dedicated to new students in the fall and spring semesters
- Ambassadors cannot take classes during Summer Session I. Ambassadors may take Maymester and/or Summer Session II courses as long as their course schedule accommodates training sessions and office hours.
- Gain significant leadership experience
- Make a lasting impact on all incoming students, parents and guests
- Establish life-long friendships with fellow Ambassadors
- Spend the summer in Clemson with free on-campus housing and various meals provided
- Practice and improve upon your communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent career experience for your résumé for all professional endeavors after graduation
- A great opportunity for networking and professional development
- Create strong connections with Clemson University staff, faculty and administration
- Get paid a summer stipend
- Have one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences of your LIFE!
- Complete an online application (below).
- Participate in Orientation Ambassador selection group process interview (link provided after application is reviewed & approved)
- Participate in a 30 minute individual interview, after group interview selection process
- Received - pending application. Application is being reviewed and the GPR and judicial status checks are pending.
- Accepted - Application review is complete. The applicant may then sign up for the Group Process interview.
- Declined - Application is incomplete or qualifications were not met.
MANDATORY TRAINING SESSIONS AND PROGRAMS
If selected as an Orientation Ambassador, the Ambassador must be available for ALL training sessions and participate in the following conferences, programs and activities.
- Orientation Ambassador winter retreat-January 10, 2018
- Spring semester: EDC 3900 class- T/TH at 8am.
- National Scholars weekend - February 24, 2018
- Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW) - March 16-18, 2018
- Orientation Ambassador summer training (June)
- Summer orientation sessions (June 11-July 18)
- August orientation sessions (August 16-17)
- January orientation session- January 2018
A resume is REQUIRED for your application. Once you have completed your application via a link provided below the submission button of your application. This process will have you submit your resume in a private DropBox folder -- shared only with the Associate Director of Student Transitions and Family Programs. Your application status will NOT be marked received until the resume is received.
After you submit your application, your "status" will be emailed you directly. Once we receive your application, it will be marked as any of the following phases:
- Received: Application is in initial review- application AND resume have been received.
- Accepted: Application review is complete. We will still be conducting a judicial and GPA status check.
- Declined: Application is incomplete, or qualifications not met. Sorry!
Group Process Time/Dates will be emailed to you once your application has been approved and accepted.
Our Office is located on the 9th (top) floor of the Edgar Brown Union should you have any questions. Please don't hesitate to come to the office to visit with Student Transitions and Family Programs staff.
Best of luck as you move through our application process!! We look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
2018 Orientation Ambassador Application
Please complete the following application thoroughly.
You will need to provide a simple reference (name, email, and phone number) of someone who could speak to your ability to be an Orientation Ambassador.
Send an email to Erin Mayor if you have any questions at email@example.com